RTEBN’s service model brings together impressive numbers of volunteers and accomplishes in six hours what would take a standard work team many days to complete.
Repairs are performed by a variety of volunteers: we work with licensed plumbers, electricians and general contractors, but also include regular citizens who share our vision and want to be a part of our good work.
The efforts of our hardworking volunteers and donors pay off: in our 28 years of operation we have improved more than 650 homes and 140 Community Facilities, leveraging community support by 500%.
For every $1,000 we receive in donations or grants, we are able to provide $5,000 in goods and services to our clients. We are the best investment our sponsors can make; our rate of return is better than any other investment out there today.
Safe Organized Spaces (SOS) Richmond, a program of Rebuilding Together East Bay-North (RTEBN), collaborates with volunteers and the City of Richmond to provide outreach and support unhoused people who reside in homeless encampments across the City of Richmond.
SOS Richmond has been operational since 2019 and has a mission of improving public safety by providing essential care for those in need in our community.
Safe at Home
Community Facility Improvement
RTEBN provides emergency repairs year-round to qualified applicants to address critical problems in areas such as plumbing, heating, electrical, and roofing. Countless applicants report that they have been living without adequate heat, faulty pipes, or a leaking roof. By immediately addressing these urgent issues we are able to reduce the number of residents in our community living in uninhabitable conditions. Some of the emergency repairs we are able to provide include:
- Repairing or replacing inadequate furnace systems
- Repairing or replacing faulty or inoperable water heaters
- Critical plumbing repairs to address lack of cold/hot water
- Electrical repairs to address lack of power or repair/removal of hazardous electrical equipment
- Broken window repair or replacement
Our client’s homes tend to be old, in poor condition, and very inefficient when it comes to energy and water use. As a result, clients often use three times the average to heat their homes, do laundry, and power lighting and appliances. Rebuilding Together East Bay-North is helping to address this issue by including energy upgrades in our projects. We collaborate with volunteers, skilled trade organizations, community groups, churches, and local businesses to provide the following energy upgrades:
- Insulating attics, crawl spaces, hot water pipes and heating ducts
- Sealing, repairing or replacing windows and exterior doors
- Repairing furnaces and water heaters and installing water heater blankets
- Installing compact fluorescent light bulbs and programmable thermostats
- Installing high efficiency furnaces, water heaters and other appliances
- Testing and fixing toilet leaks and pipe leaks
- Installing high efficiency shower heads and faucet aerators