Gateway, formerly a program of the Berkeley Age-Friendly Continuum, has joined Rebuilding Together!
The Gateway Program is designed to support elders taking charge of their aging experience. This prevention/early intervention effort uses a home-visiting format to support Berkeley residents to achieve their aging objectives which includes taking steps to reduce illness, injury, loss of independence, and medical costs.
Our services include:
- A home-based planning session for healthy aging resulting in a personalized Action Plan
- Continuing follow up (on a limited basis ) for those needing a little more support after their planning visit
- Screening and linkages throughout all of Rebuilding Together for home modifications and repairs, as well as de-cluttering and home organization support
- Social calling for isolated seniors
- Limited information and referral for urgent needs
Our service area is: Berkeley, Albany, and Emeryville, with Richmond coming soon.
Clients do not need to be low income for services with costs ranging from free to low-market. Housing services are not a requirement for Gateway participation.
Contact: Melissa Roman at (510) 906-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org